Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Sock Bear!


Barry the Sock Bear
Originally uploaded by unraveled
I've been working non-stop on sock monkeys. I finally finished the order of five monkeys for the woman at my best friend's job. She was thrilled with the way they came out and told me that she prefers buying handmade toys instead of all the name brand plastic ones out there. The way her face lit up at the sight of those monkeys really made my day, though I have to say with all this monkey-making I've been getting burned out. A few days ago I decided to try to make a sock teddy bear. I spent the past two days working on him and I am so happy with the way he turned out! Anthony seemed to like him too (though he likes most of my creations anyway!)

Anthony and Barry



1 comment:

ordiinaryloner said...

HEY! i chanced upon your blog and saw all these super cute handmade toys! (: can you tell me how to make a sock bear? i would like to make one for my boyfriend too.

ordiinaryloner@hotmail.com

hope to see your reply soon!!