Thursday, January 1, 2009

Discouraged

I always get so discouraged whenever browsing through the different shops on Etsy. Just when I think of maybe opening up a shop, my nerves get the best of me and I think that I'm just not good enough...yet. I think one of my New Year's resolutions will be to stop doubting myself and my creativity so much. It seems like I always do this to myself, first with my writing, then my paintings and drawings, and I find myself doing it again with my dolls. I just want to believe in myself for once and prove to myself that I do have what it takes to be successful at something that I enjoy doing!

On another note, I absolutely love the way these dolls look! I want to go and purchase some fabric over the weekend and see what I can come up with. I think it may be time for me to sit down with my mother and have her teach me to use a sewing machine. I've been sewing all of my dolls by hand which is very soothing, but I also want to learn to use a machine so I can work on other crafts, as well. I am excited to try to branch out and work on some other crafts. I think with more practice, the doubt in my creativity will eventually start to ease away.

No comments: