Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My first sell!

Neon went to a good home today. My friend said that the woman who I made him for fell in love with him and her whole face lit up when she saw him. I have to say that I'm a little sad to see him go but knowing that somebody appreciated him so much makes me feel so proud. I didn't start sewing with the intention of selling my creations. I started out wanting to feel closer to my mother and grandmother, and needing the creative release of doing something with my hands. Now that I'm learning more and people are interested in what I'm making, the thought of opening up an Etsy shop enters my mind more and more. It feels so nice and refreshing to make some money doing something that I love as opposed to working at my dead end job. I feel inspired to keep working on these monkeys, as well as the other projects I have going on right now. I'm so used to just giving something up when it doesn't work out the way I want it to, but this is something that is quickly becoming a passion of mine.

No comments: